PROTECTING YOUR INVESTMENT.
We follow these guidelines when planning:
- We will re-plan the route – noting power lines, train lines, low bridges, traffic patterns, etc.
- Positioning of precast will ensure that weight distribution on vehicle complies with allowable gross mass and axle limits.
We follow these guidelines when loading:
- Components will be loaded free of any defect.
- Components will be lifted at designated points only, using approved lifting inserts.
- Components will be loaded in positions that will eliminate possible overstress, warp, or twist.
- Stacking of components shall be such that lifting devices will be accessible and undamaged.
- Points of contact between precast, supports and restraints will have protective material.
- Components will be protected from dirt, damage and staining at all times.
- Identification marks will be discernible.
- The upper components of a stacked tier will never be used as storage areas for shorter components or equipment.
- All units will be properly supported and adequately tied to prevent movement during shipping.
- All components will bear the stamp of our QA Inspector.
- Weight of precast is made known to the driver, and includes detailed delivery instructions and paperwork.
We follow these guidelines during delivery:
- When necessary, we will coordinate traffic control, including traffic controllers, barricades and road closure permits.
- Inspect the site prior to entry and seek unloading instruction.
- Prior to installation, we will allow the contractor to inspect all panels for damage or missing material.